The first thing that comes to our mind when we think about the Thanksgiving holiday is the food. We surround ourselves with loved ones and stuff our faces with delicious homemade meals. But what about our furry, tail-wagging family members that are patiently waiting under the table for Grandpa to drop a piece of turkey? This year set a plate for them! Listed below are five mouth-watering recipes for your pup to enjoy on Thanksgiving.
- Leftover Thanksgiving Hash: 1 sweet potato, 1/2 cup of skinless, shredded roast turkey meat, 1/2 cup stuffing, 1 teaspoon of chopped sage and 2 teaspoons of cranberry sauce.
- Puppy Meatloaf: 1 pound ground beef, 1 container cottage cheese, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup dry milk powder, 1/4 cup wheat germ, 8 slices oatmeal bread, 8 cups cooked oatmeal and 4 cups cooked brown rice.
- Peas-on-Earth Cakes: 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, 1/4 ounce peas, thawed, 1/4 cup rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded and meat shredded, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Pumpkin Pie Stuffing: 1/2 cup canned or freshly cooked pureed pumpkin, 1/2 cup yogurt or cottage cheese (only use plain), 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal and 2 tablespoons low-fat graham cracker.
- Leftover Turkey Dinner Dog Biscuits: 1 cup cooked turkey, 1/4 cup water, 1 cup sweet potatoes, 1/4 chopped dried cranberries, 1 egg and 2 cups whole wheat flour.
Do you have any other Thanksgiving Dinner recipes for dogs? If so, please let us know by commenting on our Facebook page!